01 January 2015

Hello, 2015

Well, here we have it. The first day of a new year.

I slept in this morning and have spent most of my waking time reading. I finished up Andrew Smith's GHOST MEDICINE, which, as I expected, was haunting and heartrending.

I don't really do "resolutions," but I do have some goals this year. I want to finish both of the novels I started last year - that's pretty doable, I think.

I want to spend more time with my guitar. That is a little trickier, since I get jittery practicing with other people around so I need the apartment to be empty. I also need to improve my tone. I think adjusting my bridge pickup will help with that.

I want to be more patient with other people. I'm still working on that one.

I want to be braver and not worry so much about what other people think. Still working on that too.

Also, I want to learn how to swim properly, because I never really progressed beyond the "not drowning" stage as a child.

Here's to a new year and new chances. Go me go!