09 December 2014

Dashe Les Enfantes Terribles Grenache 2013



Frequent readers of this blog will know that I am extremely fond of the wines from Dashe Cellars. It should come as no surprise, then, that when I saw this new (to me) offering from them, I grabbed a bottle.

Les Enfantes Terribles is a small production wine, and it's the first Grenache I've had from Dashe. I haven't found many producers of pure Grenache, outside of a handful of Spanish Garnachas, so I was excited to see what Dashe could do with it.

The wine was a tremendous fruit bomb, with aromas of dried sour cherries and fresh herbs.

The taste The taste carried the sour cherries forward, along with hints of candied fruits - like in a fruit cake. It had a delightful pucker, due to vibrant acidity, and this tantalizing hint of sweetness. It was very much a youthful wine, without pretension. It was delightful and light and really quite delicious.

Yum.