04 November 2014

NaNoWriMo Day 3

Well, yesterday was Day 3 of NaNoWriMo and so far I am meeting my goal of 2000 words each day. It's early still but I'm feeling good. Hopefully this feeling will last.

I wrote previously about how tea is a great aid to my writing. Another is music.

In my experience there are two types of music listening habits: listening to songs piecemeal or listening to entire albums. I fall firmly into the latter category. Over 95% of my iTunes library is full albums.

When some authors talk about their playlists for their novels, I'm always stunned to see music from all sorts of artists. My playlists aren't really playlists at all. They're albums.

For my NaNoWriMo novel, WITH RANDOM PRECISION, it's Pink Floyd. Most of their studio albums. And three of their live albums. And David Gilmour's solo stuff too, especially On An Island and Live in Gdańsk. In fact, the latter probably gets the most play.

So, in chronological order of release, my "playlist" for WITH RANDOM PRECISION.

Atom Heart Mother
Meddle
Dark Side of the Moon (Immersion Edition)
Obscured by Clouds
Wish You Were Here (Immersion Edition)
Animals
The Wall
Is There Anybody Out There: The Wall Live 1980-1981
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
A Delicate Sound of Thunder
The Division Bell
PULSE
On An Island
Live in Gdańsk

My playlist for STAND AND DELIVER is a matter for another post...

Happy writing and happy listening!