10 November 2014

NaNoWriMo Day 10

My life is consumed. I spend most of my "idle thinking" time thinking about WITH RANDOM PRECISION. I think about it when I am boxing and when I am driving and when I am sitting around waiting for appointments.

I think about it all day long. It feels good to be so in love with my work. I hope that love will come through in the writing.

I finished Jandy Nelson's THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE today. It was every bit as lovely as I expected. I imagine Jandy Nelson's photo is in the dictionary next to the definition of metaphor, because it seems like she invented the technique herself and I am blown away over and over and over again by how beautifully she captures every thought, every feeling, that her characters experience.

I am super jealous.

I will hit 20,000 words before I got to bed tonight. I'm already 5,000 words further than the only other time I tried to do NaNo. I didn't have the discipline then that I do now. I am going to win this thing.

And you know what? I think I am going to have a good story coming out of it. Definitely not perfect, but good. And malleable enough that it can become great.

That is my conviction.