25 October 2014

Update: Sensory Deprivation Closet

Those of you who follow the blog may recall I converted a corner of my walk-in closet into a small Sensory Deprivation Chamber like Jandy Nelson used to write I'll Give You The Sun. (Original post here)

I've been using it for nearly a week now. WOW! What a difference it has made in my writing.

Now, I can't speak to quality yet, as it's all work in progress and I don't go back and look at things (unless I absolutely have to, like to remind myself what I've done). But it's been so easy to write - the words have flowed so freely - that I feel certain it's going to be good. I've written more (and in less time) than ever before. And that's just in the first week!

I feel certain this is going to help me with NaNoWriMo. The only thing is: now I have a hard time writing anywhere else.

The Sensory Deprivation Closet is free of distractions and interruptions (especially if I turn off my WiFi). Nowhere else is quite like it.

I hope good things are going to come of it. I feel sure they will.