31 October 2014

In Preparation for NaNoWriMo

Well, it's been a few years, but I've decided to take another stab at NaNoWriMo. I think I'm in a better place to achieve success this time: I've got better discipline, more stability work-wise, and, perhaps best of all, the Sensory Deprivation Closet. I've been able to pretty consistently churn out work when I can isolate myself from distraction in the SDC, and I think I'll be able to hit, or even exceed, my quota most days.

I say most days, because with the Plaza Lighting Ceremony this month there are probably going to be two or three days when I work 16+ hours at a stretch and have no time to write. I have to make up for the shortfalls while I can.

I am, by nature, a pantser - that is, I fly by the seat of my pants when writing. I'll start with characters, and relationships, and go from there. This time, however, I have a lot more fleshed out plot. There's still some fuzzy areas but, all things considered, they are considerably fewer than anything else I've started.

Go figure.

Either way, I expect it to be a wild ride, and hopefully a good one.