20 September 2014

Really Struggling Here

I am drawing a total blank today on what to post.

I think it's important to accept that we can't always meet our goals, or at least not as well as we want to. I am posting today, even though I can't think of anything to post about.

And yet, the act of trying anyway brings something to mind. I came across a post by Hillary Bell while surfing the blogosphere today, wherein she recounts a story she read about the lady who invented Spanx. You can read the post here.

The post is about embracing the power of failure, using it to learn and grow. That's something I've always tried to remember, though it's certainly not easy. I certainly have days when I feel like everything I've done is turning to shit. When I feel like I can't ever succeed.

But I remember the encouragement I've received along the way. I remember the passion I have for what I do - whatever it is I'm doing. Whether it's hitting the bag at boxing or lifting weights, whether it's editing a video for a client or working on my own stories - and yes, there's a lot of failure there! - I remind myself why I'm doing what I'm doing. It's because I'm passionate about it. Because I want something out of life. And I'm going to keep trying until I get it.

So, I guess I did write a post about something. Go me go!