19 September 2014

Chappellet Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2008



Wow! I had forgotten how bold this wine is. I bought several bottles of this vintage, and this was my last.

Even after six years, it was still tight and crisp, with a dark ruby color and a nose that took a while to reveal its splendor. But oh, what splendor!

The wine had strong notes of inky black fruits and plentiful licorice notes. I wish I'd had a great meal to enjoy it with - it would have been amazing with some braised short ribs, or a nice filet. But it was beautiful on its own, too.

I wish I could remember more about it, but I was drinking it while watching American Horror Story: Coven with my friends. I didn’t get to make any more tasting notes, because I was very distracted by Racist Kathy Bates becoming best friends with Precious and going for drive through fried chicken.