Today I made Bacon Brittle.
The recipe I used came from here:
A good recipe, definitely, though I had to make some substitutions, namely using Crown Royal Maple Whiskey instead of a maple Bourbon. I know, I know, one could argue that there is no difference. I guess it depends on who you ask.
Also, it turned out my candy thermometer wasn't working properly. Thankfully I had an infrared thermometer which saved the day. I'm pretty sure I overcooked the candy a little bit and it's very hard now, but still good.
Next time I am going to try making a softer version. I have several ideas on that front (the most delicious being the addition of two cups of peanut butter folded in at the end), but we'll see how it goes.
All in all, a successful and delicious first run.