03 August 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night, and it was AWESOME.

Seriously.

I'm not just saying that because Chris Pratt from The LEGO Movie was in it. Though The LEGO Movie was also AWESOME.

No, Guardians was awesome because it was such a fun, entertaining movie, with a great balance of comedy and heart. Plus explosions. And great characters.

Speaking of characters, I'm more than passingly familiar with the Marvel line of comics in general, but I'd never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy before the movie went into production, and I didn't know very much going in. I think that really worked for the movie. Most of the audience likely had no more preconceived notions than I did, and so the movie was able to be what it wanted to be, tweak our expectations when it could, and just surprise the hell out of us over and over.

I really loved it.