05 July 2014

How quickly I run out of things to say.

Let's be frank, sometimes my thoughts aren't all that interesting.  Indeed, today I'm mostly thinking about the birthday party I'm attending this afternoon.  One of my oldest friends (we've been friends since we were 8 years old) is celebrating her 30th birthday today.

I'm reminded of the film Stuart Saves His Family.  Stuart Smalley (an SNL character from the 90s, played by Al Franken, and around which the film revolves) has to shoot 20 episodes of his self-help show back-to-back.  He brainstorms 19 topics, and then decides his topic for the 20th show is "I Don't Have to Have a Topic."

It turns out he does, as he stares blankly at the camera pretty much the entire show.

That's kind of how I feel about this new phase in the blog's life.  I try to make note of any significant thoughts I have that might later make good blog posts, but I don't always do so in time.  And sometimes, upon reflection, they're actually rather terrible.

Still, I am going to keep this up, even if there are days where I stare at the screen for 20 minutes blankly.

Hopefully those will be few and far between.