16 September 2013

Feraud-Brunel Côtes du Rhône Villages 2011

Rhone wines are some of my favorites, and this affordable, approachable young Rhone blend was an enjoyable bottle.

It was a deep plum color, which I am beginning to associate with Syrah; it had a floral nose, though for the life of me I could not identify the particular scent I was getting most strongly.

On the mouth, it was smooth and relatively light, with hits of vanilla and coffee.  It was youthful and assertive, with the fruit not yet harmonized with the tannins - though I did note very nice cassis notes on the finish.

Overall, a good, reasonably priced bottle, perfect for drinking any time.

---

Books: Starting on Dan Brown's Inferno.

Bottles: Drank some K Vintners The Hidden 2009 and 2001 Vina Todonia Reserva.  Both were great. Chased them with Michele Chiarlo Moscato d'Asti.  All were with friends; I didn't take any notes, but they were all wonderful.

Writing: Still doing research.

Guitar: "Time."