20 August 2013

Silver Oak 2007 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

I was gifted a bottle of Silver Oak's 2007 Napa Cabernet for my birthday this year, and was super-excited to see it: 2007 was an amazing year for California wines.

The wine was a beautiful garnet color, and the nose was so powerful I could smell it while the glass was on the table and I stood above the freshly poured wine.  It was truly remarkable, with hints of walnut, cedar, and slate.  I could have breathed it forever.

I did not, however: I dove in and took a sip.  It was a powerful wine, with bracing tannins matched perfectly by the wine's acidity, and dark fruit flavors that complemented more woodsy elements.  It was smooth and mellow, truly a joy to drink.

I was lucky enough to share the wine with friends, and all of us enjoyed it immensely.  I only wish I had more.

---

Books: Nearly finished with Wilderness Warrior (I know, I know...).  Soon I get to start on The Cuckoo's Calling.

Bottles: Waiting for August wine club bottles.

Writing: Still no...though that will hopefully change soon.

Guitar: Nothing new for the week, as I am swamped with work and can't even make my lesson.