26 July 2013

Les Hospices Sancerre 2011

While I have had several Vouvrays from France's Loire Valley, I had not before had the chance to try a Sancerre, so when I saw some on the shelf I grabbed two to try.  The first was Les Hospices.

Made from Sauvignon Blanc, the Les Hospices was pale straw in color, with a surprisingly springy and vegetal nose.

It was dry but balanced, with a tangy peach flavor on top of the vegetal flavors.  It had just a hint of savoriness, too, though it was hard to quantify.

I wish I had taken better notes on the wine; I was cooking for someone and only took the most cursory of notes as we enjoyed it.  It also got used in the meal - a sort of sauce for turkey cutlets - and while I wasn't really sold on the turkey cutlets, the sauce was quite good.

An enjoyable bottle, overall, and I look forward to more explorations in Sancerre!

---

Books: Still working on The Lost Symbol; also, I finally got back The Wilderness Warrior, so I can finally finish it!

Bottles: The above.  There's another Sancerre soon!

Writing: Still working on other stuff right now, but I hope to get back to it soon.

Guitar: Looking at "La Grange" by ZZ Top, of all things!