01 December 2011

Lagaria Pinot Grigio Delle Venezia 2010


I had the chance to try a glass of Lagaria Pinot Grigio Delle Venezia 2010 at Tannin Wine Bar in Kansas City where I had lunch a while back.  I was having risotto for lunch and decided to test out a pair of Italian wines.

The Pinot Grigio was a pale straw color, with a nose of sweet fruits, especially apricot.  I don't usually seek out Pinot Grigio, but this one was enticing.  On the tongue, it had a mellow, round acidity, with jammy flavors and a finish that again exhibited the flavor of apricot.

I had a 2-ounce pour to taste, so there was not much chance for experimentation, though I did have it with  some of the cheese from our cheese plate.  I don't recall any major interactions, but it did handle the creaminess of the cheese well.

It was a fun wine, but ultimately not one I will especially seek out again.

---

Books: Catching up on magazines right now.  I'm focusing on those and on finishing my second draft of ITSS before I start on my annual Lord of the Rings read.

Bottles: Had a bottle of 2007 Ramey Claret over Thanksgiving which was, as expected, phenomenal.

Writing: On Chapter 17 of ITSS.  Trying to get back into the habit of doing a chapter a day after falling out of it over the course of my trips.

Guitar: Working on "Coming Back to Life" and looking at "Learn to Fly" as well as Carcassi's Study in A.