07 June 2011

E Guigal Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2005


E Guigal Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2005
Aromatic and earthy, E. Guigal’s 2005 offering from Chateauneuf-du-Pape in the Southern Rhone was exceptional.  It was aromatic, earthy, with strong, spicy oak in the nose along with hints of plum.
It had a surprisingly creamy mouthfeel for a Rhone blend, and the taste was a balanced combination of oak, mild fruits, and powerful tannins.  It ended with a crisp, spicy finish.
I got it for $88 at the restaurant, so it can probably be found for $40-60 at a store.

---


Books: Taking a break from books right now to catch up on periodicals.  I've been kind of addicted to my Scientific American subscription.


Bottles: Bought some bottles of Ramey Claret and K Syrah yesterday.  Looking forward to drinking them.


Writing: Work proceeds apace on the adaptation of my screenplay.  I find myself writing a new scene to fill in a gap that the adaptation has made.

Guitar: "Mother," "In the Flesh?" and "The Thin Ice."