13 November 2010

Megamind

This evening I watched DreamWorks' Megamind in the theater.  I enjoyed it tremendously; after a week of dealing with all kinds of crap, it was nice to enjoy something funny.

Though silly at times, the heart of the movie came through just fine.  In fact, this is one of my favorite of Will Ferrell's performances in a long time, maybe even since Stranger than Fiction.  His bizarre speech pattern was delightful, as was his performance overall.  The rest of the cast was exceptional as well; I especially enjoyed David Cross's work as Minion the Minion.

This was the first 3D movie I have watched that hasn't given me a headache; I don't know if the technology is improving or if this movie was done differently than others.  Either way, it was a welcome relief, and I enjoyed the use of it.  I enjoyed the design of the movie, especially the sci-fi elements introduced by the titular character.

I laughed quite a bit during the film.  It felt really good to laugh.

---

Books: Still working on So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.  So far it's much more sentimental than the others, even featuring some romance.  It keeps things fresh.

Bottles: Still working on the Alamos Malbec 2009.

Writing: 800 words today, finished Chapter 3 of the novella.  Start on Chapter 4 tomorrow; I think I will have to get out of the house to work on it, as I do better when I'm not at home, away from distractions.  Maybe I'll go to Panera, or Borders...we'll see.

Guitar: Played "Time" today, piddled around a bit.  Got to get back to work on those scales.  I also need to dig out "High Hopes" again.