01 November 2010

Bisanzio Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2008

Bisanzio Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2008.


I enjoyed the wine at Carrabba's Italian Grill where it is served as a house red.

The wine featured a sharp bouquet with a distinctly Italian scent - fruity and tart, with a bit of earthiness.  It was deep crimson in color.

A dry, medium-bodied red, it featured a sharp acidity and soft tannins, with berry being the dominant flavor.  There was very little depth or complexity in the wine, and no sign that aging would ever make it be more than it was now.  I ate it with salmon and sauteed broccoli (not the perfect match, I know, but salmon is good for you!), and nothing special happened - not that I expected it to.

It did not seem to be particularly high in alcohol but I'm still not very good at discerning that by a tasting alone.

All in all, an acceptable table wine, though not one I would be willing to pay more for.  Still, it's good to try something new, and it's good to be drinking wine again now that my cold is retreating.

---

Books: Reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Bottles: Bisanzio Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2008.


Writing: Alas, none again.  I am tired and going to bed.  Hope to do some tomorrow.

Guitar: N/A.