29 October 2010

Artifacts from Beyond the Rim

Finished Babylon 5: Artifacts from Beyond the Rim yesterday.  It's a special edition book from the B5Scripts series, collecting a bunch of recently unearthed documents by J Michael Straczynski and others.  Among the many things in it were dossiers by Larry DiTillio for the major characters, notes for unproduced episodes and other stories, interviews, even a collection of Starfury squadron patches!  As with all the other books in the series, I thoroughly enjoyed delving into the hidden life of Babylon 5.  My favorite part: during an interview, J. Michael Straczynski relates a story about discussing with Andreas Katsulas and Peter Jurasik the possibility of a storyline where G'Kar gets whipped (which ended up happening in Season 4).  Of course, this devolved into a discussion of whether G'Kar likes getting whipped, which ended up with Peter Jurasik demanding that G'Kar nudity never happen on the show.  "A great spotted moon rising...no, not an image I wish to consider," he says as Londo.  I nearly fell off the chair chuckling.

Babylon 5 was great.  Just great.  Reading the book makes me want to rewatch some classic episodes, like "Severed Dreams."  Actually, it makes me want to rewatch the whole series...I may have to start that up again soon!

---

Books: Reading Blink.  Picked up several books at the library, including Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I will be taking to Colorado Springs with me probably.  On 2 November, Towers of Midnight comes out, but I had best avoid reading it while on the job since I will get absorbed and read it all in one sitting no doubt.  I will acquire it when I return to Kansas City, if my willpower holds out.


Bottles: Nothing.

Writing: 1300 words on short story; story total, 5300.  Still on chapter two, which is becoming immense.  May have to split it into 2.  Enjoying it a lot.  Edna Mode from The Incredibles has been on my brain a lot lately.  What a great character.

Guitar: Didn't practice today, was too busy with stuff for work.  Keynote is the devil.